We all use aluminum in one form or another. Whether we are enjoying a beverage or using it to house food in our kitchens, aluminum is great for many uses.
Where does your aluminum go once it is discarded? Hopefully you are recycling it. Check out a few facts when it comes to aluminum and recycling:
1. Approximately 65 % of America’s aluminum is currently recycled.
2. Did you know that the average aluminum can contains more than 50% post-consumer recycled aluminum? There is tremendous benefit to recycling. You are truly saving the earth when you recycle your aluminum.
3. Consider this: throwing away and not recycling an aluminum can wastes as much energy as pouring out half of that can’s volume of gasoline!
4. If you recycled an aluminum today it will back on the grocery shelf in approximately 90 days! How’s that for “green turnover”?
5. If you recycled one aluminum can, you would have enough energy to keep a 100-watt bulb burning for almost four hours or run your television for three hours!
6. Did you know that your recycling of aluminum cans can help with air pollution? In fact, making beverage cans from recycled aluminum cuts air pollution by about 95%.
7. Not only can your aluminum cans be recycled but check out the other aluminum products that can be recycled below:
- lawn furniture
- storm window frames
- aluminum packaging
So remember to recycle your aluminum today!
Watch related video below and ask yourself can you do more to save our earth?
Cicely C. Mitchell, MIX 96.5/ Houston