Here it comes…our next excuse to eat bad and feel guilty.
“Super Sunday” is this weekend. Good luck Seahawks and Broncos…and good luck to your, eating well at your big game party. I also plan to enjoy the big game and will probably consume some things I don’t ordinarily eat. With a little planning, moderation, and the opportunity to bring something to the table, all will not be lost. Here are a few tips to enjoy yourself and not go off the rails on Sunday…It’s just not right to watch football without hot wings and cold one:
* Don’t blow off your exercise routine on Super Sunday. The game doesn’t start until 5:30 our time.
* Grill or bake your chicken wings. FRY NOTHING.
* Try Turkey meatballs, Turkey Burgers or Turkey Chili. Another compromise is to make burgers with half turkey breast and half ground sirloin.
* Use Non-Fat Greek Yogurt for your ranch dip mix instead of mayonnaise. With whatever your dipping, there will be a much better protein to carbohydrate ratio.
* Make sure there are some vegetables on the snack table. They’ll get eaten.
* Use a small plate.
* Drink light beer.
* If you’re drinking wine, make a wine cooler by filling half your wine glass with sparkling water.
Those are a few suggestions. For your entertainment, you can try to get those for the losing team to do squats or push-ups during time outs…I know, like that’s really going to happen. On Monday after… again, don’t skip your workout! You may be tired or feel like a pale shade of green, but at the very least find that 20 minutes to go for a walk and get some fresh air. You’ll feel better for it, and it’ll get your mind back in line for the rest of the week.
Good luck and Go Team!
(Cody hosts the 7pm- midnight show on MIX 96.5. She is a certified Pilates Instructor with over 10 years experience, Co-Owner of Performance Pilates in Sugar Land/Greatwood, and earning her Personal Trainer Certification.)