50 Things Every Man Should Know
This was something I found on BroBible which I love via Wall Street Insanity and it’s 50 things every guy should know. What do you think? It’s a pretty decent list. Some of my own would be how to teach your kid how to throw hit and catch a baseball, pick out an engagement ring without her knowing (and it being the one she wants), replace the guts in a toilet, how to make a decent chili and bbq, and when to let go of trends too young for you like fist bumping, or pounding, or calling each other dawg with a “w”.
- If you always believe you’re the smartest guy in the room, you’ll never learn anything.
- Figure out how you would be of value in a post-apocalyptic society.
- Learn CPR, the Heimlich and basic first aid.
- Save money. Rainy days can come out of nowhere.
- Your wife/girlfriend is not your mother.
- A strong work ethic is a good substitute for being smart.
- If you’re not happy, stop what you’re doing and do something else. Right now.
- Keep your bathroom clean and your bed made if you want a woman to use either.
- Be confident not cocky.
- Remember people’s names.
- If you can’t drive a stick, parallel park or jump-start a car, I’m sorry, but you can’t call yourself a man.
- If making money is you’re only goal in life, you’ll never be happy because you’ll never have enough.
- Know how to tell a good story. If you can’t capture people’s attention, you’re just some dude in the background.
- Quality trumps quantity every time.
- Do at least 50 push-ups every day.
- Gentlemen are a dying breed. Be one and you’ll stand out.
- Don’t sleep with anyone you wouldn’t buy breakfast for the next day.
- If this is the longest thing you’ve read all week, that’s sad. Crack a book once in a while, idiot.
- Own up to mistakes, even if you’re not the one who made them. Nobody likes or respects the guy who refuses to accept any blame.
- Learn how to change a tire and make sure to help anyone who can’t do it themselves.
- No one cares about your religion. Whether you’re a devout fundamentalist or a staunch atheist, keep it to yourself.
- Stop holding grudges. It accomplishes nothing.
- Be honest in all your relationships. Liars suck.
- If you know how to play guitar, it’s much easier to get laid.
50. Relax. Whatever it is, it’s not that big a deal.