I noticed that one of the best dive bars “The Roll-N” is no longer open. It’s changed and I literally shed a tear when I realized this. Houston is so rich with cool places it sucks when they have to go away. The Laff Stop on West Gray is another favorite spot of mine that’s gone:( What else should be on this list?
Junction Jack was replaced by a Orbit as the Astros mascot a couple of years ago.
The Legendary Balinese Room Nightclub
Blanco’s Bar and Grill was open since 1982 and closed its doors Nov. 30th last year.
Don Luiz Cruz “The Violin Man” entertained drivers on the Southeast side playing for tips. He died earlier this year.
Live shows at Walters on Washington
Astroworld (demolished in 2005)
Westheimer Street Festival
The Laff Stop on West Gray (Louis C.K.)
Outpost Tavern in Webster
The Pig Stand on Washington Ave. once the oldest restaurant in Houston
Sound waves in Montrose (had these giant murals on the side of the building)
The Alabama theater is now Trader Joes
The old TOWER THEATER in Montrose
Galveston’s Sea-Arama Marine World
FULL LIST via The Chronicle
Latest Mix Stories:
- [WATCH] The Best Christmas Commercials
- PODcast: 12-5-16 U of H Headed To Las Vegas Bowl! – Stupid Car Crash Stories – Going Through Kid’s Phone Advice
- Holiday Events In Houston
- PODcast: 12-2-16 CNN Trying To Steal Megyn Kelly – Dolly Parton Helps Wildfire Victims – Blind Dates From Hell!
- The Chick Fil A Food Truck Is Coming!