it’s been 8 years since Heath Ledger passed away from an accidental overdose and now his family is opening up about the last conversation Ledger had before he passed.
The family says he had been struggling to fight off pneumonia after a hectic work schedule left him without any time to recover and desperate to get some rest.
His father, Kim told Daily Mail Australia his sister Kate warned him about mixing prescription drugs in the last conversation she had with him.
“The last conversation Kate had with him was this discussion about his medications and she warned him, ‘‘You can’t mix drugs that you don’t know anything about. He said ‘Katie, Katie, I’ll be fine’. Well, that’s a cavalier boy’s answer. It just put his whole system to sleep I guess,” said Ledger’s father.
Words that haunt Kate and Ledgers parent’s Kim and Sally because she had just warned him about it and that’s exactly what took his life.
“Heath mixed a couple of drugs together with sleeping tablets and he’s gone forever. That’s something we (himself, wife Sally and sister Kate) just have to deal with.”
Heath Ledger’s family hopes to spread awareness about the dangers of mixing prescription drugs and how not just those with an addiction are affected. Anyone, like Ledger, can accidently mix medications and end up in a tragic situation such as he did.