Do you guys watch ABC 13‘s Art Rascon reports the news during the week? Well there was a reason he wasn’t on tv earlier today…
Art was taken to the emergency room at Memorial Hermann hospital to recover from a snake bite he got outside of his house! WHAT?! AT HIS HOUSE??
He told KTRK that ‘he’d stepped outside to grab something from his car when a copperhead snake, hidden under the vehicle, snapped at his left foot.’
“I was in my front yard, and I just went out to the car. I was getting something out of the trunk, and I was bit.”
Luckily his son was home to help him back inside after Art felt dizzy, and his foot was swelling up from the bite.
The Houston Chronicle went on to say that – According to Texas Parks & Wildlife, Southern copperheads are the most common variety found in east Texas. The light brown reptiles have darker bands and are common in the wooded areas surrounding Houston. While they are venomous, the toxicity of their venom is low, so their bites are rarely fatal.